The Monkeemobile had a little accident while negotiating a pot hole while the Monkees where on their way to the concert they were putting on in Winnipeg. They pulled in at Murray's to have it "touched up". The only problem we ran into was in regards to the colour... it was a custom red. Davey suggested we phone the original painter, Dean Jeffries, which we did. Dean relayed the formula to me and the problem was solved, and the repairs made. Those days we used lacquer, so the repair could be made quickly, but the polish would have to wait at least overnight. I gave Davey enough compound and instructions to finish the job. As far as I know, the polishing worked out well, they made it to the show, and it all worked out. The photo was taken by Mike Nesmith.